About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, November 17, 2017

The Kids Of Bowery's Hardcore 'Matinee,' Then And Now



From 1983 to 1985 photographer Drew Carolan set up a make shift mobile studio on the Bowery in close proximity to the iconic CBGB's - where he intercepted kids, bands, and assorted characters on their way to and from hardcore matinees.



Recently he found himself wondering "Where are they now? Who have they become?" He decided to track the kids down. In his new book, Matinee: All Ages On The Bowery, he presents his portraits ... the boots, leather, patches, buzzed heads and middle fingers.



Read more here

Matinee: All Ages On The Bowery is out now via Radio Raheem Records.

Thanks David!

No comments: