About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, November 28, 2016

De Mulieribus Claris

De mulieribus claris (On Famous Women) by the Florentine author Giovanni Boccaccio (1313-1375) was published in 1374 and is the first collection devoted exclusively to biographies of women in Western literature.

Unknown Artist Marcia Painting Self-Portrait using Mirror
(from Giovanni Boccaccio (1313-1375) De claris mulieribus,
Anonymous French Translantio, Le livre de femmes nobles et renomees,
France c 1440 British Library Artiste faisant son autoportrait


Roman des Girart von Roussillon, Cod. 2449, f. 167v, Flemish, 1447,
Österreichishe Nationalbibliothek, Vienna. Women Building


Livre de la Cité des dames, c. 1401-1500, Français 607, f. 2r,
Bibliothèque nationale de France, Département des manuscrits.


More Here

No comments: